For the February 2021 meeting we will be doing white and rosé wine evaluations. You will be tasting each wine in the safety of your own home.
Who can participate?
The meeting is open to all current 2021 paid members.
Who are the wine evaluators?
- Kurt Burris, Wine marketing representative
- Craig Haarmeyer, owner and winemaker at Haarmeyer Wine Cellars in West Sacramento
How will this work?
- You will need to request to participate so we can reserve your samples (quantities are limited).
- The wines will be separated into “individual” or “couples” size bottles. These will be divided up prior to the meeting, and you will be notified of when/where to pick them up.
- Each wine will be color coded with a sticker on the bottle. In the meeting, we will let you know which color to pour into your glass.
- You will be able to evaluate the wine at the same time as everyone else.
How to get your wine evaluated (we have room for two more):
Send an email to Donna Bettencourt at email@example.com no later than January 31 to arrange to drop off your wine (she will let you know where to drop off your wine and form). We will need two 750ml bottles and the standard wine evaluation information form filled out and dropped off with the wine. The form can be found here.
Instructions for meeting participants:
Please register to reserve your wine samples at White and Rose Wine Evaluations, by January 31, quantities are limited. We will have the following pickup sites – Robert Wharton (Roseville/Rocklin), Donna Bettencourt (mid-town), and Kevin Lemay (Folsom).
On the Monday, preceding the meeting, we will notify you that your samples are ready to be picked up as well as the address and times they are available.
During the meeting:
We will taste and evaluate the samples one by one just like we do in our ‘normal’ in-person meetings. The evaluators will be on the Zoom meeting and they will give their evaluations of the wine.
Let’s combine something new and old, and participate in our first ever virtual wine tasting evaluation!
If you have any questions please email Kevin Lemay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at the meeting!